Skin Peeling On Feet
Skin peeling on feet can result into a serious condition of athlete’s foot if not quickly treated. Athlete’s foot can lead to the flaking, scaling and itching of skin especially between the toes. This can make it uncomfortable for you as you are always scratching the feet and also bring about a social stigma as you do not want your friends to see how terrible your feet look.
Causes of Skin Peeling On Feet
- The common cause of peeling on feet is lack of moisture or dehydration of feet due to dryness. Dryness causes the skin to shrink and thus, it starts peeling.
- A skin condition called exfoliative dermatitis can also lead to the peeling of skin.
- Severe sunburns can cause peeling of skin along with reddening and itching.
- Peeling skin syndrome, an inherited and extremely rare skin disorder, can also be a possible cause.
- Cracked feet in which dust easily accumulates can lead to a thick peeling of skin on feet.
- Eczema, a skin condition which causes inflammation and blistering, is also known to peel skin.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water so as to hydrate the body and maintain a proper balance of the dermal system. You actually drink more water during summer to keep the feet moisturized. Dry skin which causes peeling is often the result of excessive loss of fluid or the inability of the skin surface to retain moisture.
- Apply moisturizers on the feet. You should opt for natural moisturizers like olive and almond oils as other moisturizers could have harmful chemicals that worsens the condition. Do massage the moisturizer on the feet daily in the morning and before going to bed.
- Keep your feet clean at all times as dirty feet can provide ideal conditions for the growth of yeast and fungi. These fungal bacteria can lead to skin peeling on feet.
- Use natural skin lotions and creams. These contain essential substances taken from plant extracts that helps to promote good skin condition. For example, garlic extracts can easily kill bacteria and fungi that can cause the peeling of your skin.
- Do soak your feet in lukewarm water mixture. You can mix water with apple cider vinegar which not only keeps your feet moist, but also kills the microorganisms that feeds on the dead skin cells.
- Always apply sunscreen before leaving the house to prevent them from getting sunburn. You can also use soothing gels like Aloe Vera gel to get rid of peeling sunburn skin. More so, even applying rose water can cure sunburns.
On top of doing the above mentioned tips, you should eat healthy to prevent skin peeling on feet. In case the above tips fail to stop the peeling of your skin, do consult with your dermatologist.