How to Soften Toenails – The Easy way to Cut Nails!
Be it for giving yourself a relaxing home pedicure or simply for your personal hygiene, it can be a little hard-fought for cutting the nails. Hence, it is necessary to soften toenails for cutting. If the toenails are not softened enough, they might result in chipped, broken or uneven toenails. A perfect way to prevent nail problems and keep the nails healthy is by softening the toenails just before cutting them. It is very easy to soften toenails for cutting. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps.
Things You Will Require
- Large bowl or bathtub
- Bath salts
- Nail clippers
Steps for Softening the Toenails
Follow these simple steps to soften your toenails for cutting:
- Fill up a bathtub with hot water. However, make sure that the water is not way too hot for your skin.
- Add in a cup of bath salts in the bath tub. Mix the water thoroughly so that salts get dissolved properly.
- Now, just beside your bath tub, spread a neat towel. This will help you in drying your feet without getting it dirty.
- Now, keep your feet soaked in this relaxing water for about 10 minutes. Make sure that your feet are well covered in water.
- After 10 minutes, remove your feet from this water and towel dry. You will realize that your toenails are much softer than before.
- Use nail clippers to cut your toenails. Cut your nails depending on your each of your toe shape. If you wish, you can even file your nails.
- You can even use a pumice stone to get rid of dirt and dead skin cells at the bottom of your feet.
- Top it up with a nice foot moisturizing lotion.
These are a few simple steps to soften toenails for cutting.