What Is Staph Infection Foot?
The staph infection of foot is caused by the bacteria called as Staphylococcus. This bacterium is picked up from the floor and can infect the foot any time. The beginning of the infection takes place with a cut. In case this cut gets infected with the bacteria, then the infection spreads throughout the feet. In this article, we will be discussing the symptoms and treatment methods of this condition.
Symptoms of Staph Infection Foot:
Some of the symptoms of staph infection are:
- The infection begins from a small area where the skin is soft and tender. Redness and swelling is noticed in this part.
- Inflammation, swelling, warmth and pain are noticed in the foot.
- As the infection spreads, symptoms like chill, sweat and swelling in the affected part are noticed.
Treatment Methods of Staph Infection Foot:
Some of the treatment methods which can be followed for treating this condition are:
- The first and foremost step to avoid this infection is to use personal products and towels. Avoid sharing these things with others as it can invite infections.
- Make sure that the clothes you wear are dried properly. Damp clothes can also invite infections. Avoid sharing of your clothes also with other. Keep your feet and shoes dry by spraying some foot powder on them.
- In case some cut is noticed on your foot, then it is advisable to treat it as early as possible, otherwise it can lead to infection.
- Use bandages which are waterproof for treating this condition and discard them immediately after removing them. This is because the infected bandages can also spread the infection.