What Is MRSA Foot?
MRSA stands for “œmethicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus”. It is considered as one of the worst – a true superbug. This infection is known for killing babies, toddlers, elderly, teenagers and even the healthy athletes as well. This infection enters the body through feet very silently.
You are more liable to get this infection from the floor of the locker room, floor around the pool or from your shoes as well. Any kind of cut or nick can also pave way for this infection to enter into the body.
Symptoms of MRSA Foot:
This infection has worst symptoms on your feet. Some of the symptoms of MRSA foot are:
- This infection is capable of burrowing into your bones and cause gangrene. This condition results in amputation of the toe or even the foot.
- Intense pain and deformity will be noticed in the infected foot.
- Dense wounds will be noticed on the infected feet as well.
Prevention of MRSA Foot:
The treatment of this condition becomes easy if the infection is recognized at an early stage. But it is better to take precautions beforehand so that the infection does not infect your foot. Some of the measures which can be taken to prevent the entry of MRSA infection in the body are:
- Take proper care of your feet. Keep a regular check on them. This infection starts with a small bump or swelling on the foot which is not painful in its initial days.
- Be careful while using your towel. Towels are considered as the main means of transferring infections. So it is advisable neither to use anybody’s towel nor share your towel with anyone. Also keep a separate towel for wiping your hands and feet.
- Make sure that you wash your towel in warm water at your home in order to kill all the bacteria surviving in it.