What Is Tenosynovitis Foot?
The condition of tenosynovitis of foot is also known as lower extremity tenosynovitis. In this condition the tendons located on the lower limb. In this condition, the lining of the sheath which surrounds the tendon is affected which result in the development of this condition.
Actually, the sheath of the tendons gets inflamed and swells up, thus making the tendons thick. Thus, making the movement of the ankle difficult.
Causes Of Tenosynovitis Foot:
Some of the causes of Tenosynovitis foot are:
- The presence of any kind of bacterial or fungal infection in the lower limb can result in the development of this condition.
- In case the posture of foot is not correct, or the person follows an incorrect foot movement or the muscles of the foot are weak, then also there are huge chances for the development of this kind of condition.
- Any kind of injury or trauma which affects the foot like sprain or direct blow to the ankle or any previous surgery which not healed properly can result in the development of this condition.
- If the immune system of the body is weak then also it can result in the development of this condition.
Symptoms Of Tenosynovitis Foot:
Some of the symptoms of tenosynovitis foot include:
- Development of flat foot will take place
- Snapping, locking or clicking of the toes takes place
- Formation of a bump or nodule will be there in the lower extremity of the foot.
- A sound of grating is heard with each movement of the foot
- The affected part will become weak and its movement will also be limited
- The leg, ankle or foot will become stiff enough making their movement difficult