Crooked Toes In Children
The deformity of toes can be of two types like Congenital and Acquired. The congenital deformity is the one which is caused due to some genetic changes and are hereditary. While the acquired deformity is one which are caused as the result of the damage repair process. Crooked toes is one of them.
Crooked toes or curly toes is the condition in which the toes is curled crooked due to some underlying deformity. It is usually noticed in children. The big toe is the worst sufferer of this condition. In this article we will be discussing some of the causes and treatments of this condition.
Causes Of Crooked Toes In Children:
Some of the causes of crooked toes in children are:
- The presence of conditions like bunions, rheumatoid arthritis and muscular imbalances can also result in this condition.
- Improper footwear is considered as the main cause for the development of this condition. The tight fitting shoes turns the big toe towards the adjoining toe, thus crowding the second toe and resulting in the curling of the two toes.
- Similarly shoes with high heels and improper fitting all result in the development of the similar condition.
Treatment Of Crooked Toes In Children:
Here are some basic tips which can be followed for treating this condition. They are:
- Use crest pads under the toes which are curled. This will give them support and will also help in early correction of the crooked toes. These pads are cushion which are made up of foam and placed below the curled toes and attached at the top of the foot.
- Avoid wearing those shoes which create pressure at the top of the curled toes. If you do not find a pair according to your requirement then it is better to the order the one of your size and requirement.
- Surgery is the last option which is followed in the case when all the other option do not yield results.