What Are Foot Arch Cramps?
Foot cramps are the non- voluntary and erratic spasms which are found in the inner toes or arch of the feet. The duration of these cramps can extend from few minutes to few days. This condition is commonly noticed in aged people and in sports persons.
They are the result of the aggravated pain which is caused due to the contraction of the muscles without its effective shortening. If the foot cramps occur at a regular interval of time then it can a cause of great concern. In this article we will be discussing some of the causes and treatments of this condition.
Causes Of Foot Arch Cramps:
Some of the causes of foot arch cramps include:
- Imbalance of electrolyte in the body
- The presence of disease like Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, tetanus, thyroid, multiple sclerosis, problem in nervous system.
- Imbalance of hormones in the body.
- Flat feet or hyper flexible joints
- Inadequate hydration
- Any injury which is caused due to the repetitive motion of the feet
- Lower levels of potassium in the feet
- Wearing old and worn out foot wear
- Poor circulation of blood in the body
- Deficiency of Vitamin D in body
Treatment Of Foot Arch Cramps:
Some of the treatment methods of foot arch cramps include:
- An easy remedy of treating foot cramps is to drink lukewarm milk before going to bed.
- Intake of chamomile tea 3-5 times in a day for 2 weeks will give relief from foot cramps.
- Soak your feet in hot water for few minutes and take a hot water bath just before going to bed.
- Intake of 2-3 bananas along with 2-3 tea spoons of honey will also help in treating the condition of foot arch cramps.
- Massaging the affected area with lavender oil, rosemary oil or eucalyptus oil once in a day will also help in treating the condition.