Heel Spur Shoes
Heel spur shoes
are therapeutic approach to provide relief to heel spur. Podiatrists recommend people with heel spur to wear good shoe gear. Good shoe gear is the shoes that generally consists of a sturdy solid shoe. This shoes provide a cushioned heel to the feet that absorbs shock. It alleviates the pain by elevating the heel with the heel cradel which is also called heel cup or orthotic.
Some of the brand names of the featured shoe are:
These are the best known for the condition of heel spur.
What is Heel Spur:
Heel spur is the an abnormal growth of the heel bone (calcaneus) that looks like a hook of the bone. In this condition calcium gets deposited around the ligaments and tendons of the foot that attach to the heel bone. It is associated with plantar fasciitis but both are not same. Plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of the plantar fascia, the tissue matter that forms the arch of the foot. But the heel spur is the bone outgrowth of the heel bone.
Several conditions can cause heel spurs such as: Overweight, mal alignment of the heel, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, constant wearing of ill fitting shoes etc. Some of the
symptoms of heel spurs
are as follows:
- Pain in the heel bone
- Severe pain when start to walk after a rest
- Inability to leap or jump
- In later stages even walking becomes painful
- Inability to bear extra weight
Treatment of Heel Spur:
Heel spurs are treated by several methods. Some of them include:
- Placing foam rubber pad in the heel of the shoe
- Applying the gentle heat to the painful area of the heel spur
- Physical therapy by ultrasound waves, diathermy and whirlpool baths.
- Application of ice compresses
- Massage of the back of leg
- Padding with heel cushions
- Stretching exercises and night splint
- Surgery in extreme cases