How to Get Rid of a Toe Cramp?
Toe cramp is a very painful experience and it can leave you motionless. All of us must have experienced the awful pain of a toe cramp. Toe cramping can be caused due to lack of calcium, dehydration, or wearing improper footwear. Whatever might be the reason, all of us would like to get rid of the toe cramp as soon as possible.
How to get rid of a Toe cramp:Here are a few ways to get rid of a toe cramp:
- Massage:Massage your toe. Start with the bottom of your feet and massage the surrounding areas of the toe. This will relax the muscles and promotes blood circulation, thereby relieving you of the cramp
- Walk:Try standing on your tiptoes and repeat the motion. You can also try walking around. This will increase the blood flow to the cramped toe
- Soak:Soak your feet in warm water. This can ease the tension and relax the muscles, and relieve the toe cramp.
How to Prevent a Toe cramp:
Some people are frequently prone to toe cramps. Here are a few tips to prevent them:
- Stay hydrated. Lack of water can result in cramping. Make sure you drink enough water daily
Lack of calcium intake can affect the muscles and cause cramping. So, make sure you have calcium through dairy products and leafy vegetables
- Wear proper foot wear which has enough room for the toe box. Foot wear which suffocate the foot are more likely to cause cramping.
- You can also do stretching exercises, which can keep your feet and toes free from cramps
Toe cramps can be painful and annoying. But through proper precautions, you can overcome it.